Once again, Folsom has been named the “Best place to raise a family in California,” (WalletHub). My husband and I are fortunate to have raised our family here, and continue to call this beautiful city “home!” Here are a few reasons why…
Folsom is home to natural amenities that provide a year-round playground for recreational enthusiasts on land and water:
- Folsom Lake, Lake Natoma, and the American River bound the city, hosting kayakers, swimmers and other water sports enthusiasts from around the region.
- 38 miles of paved trails, showcase some of the city’s beautiful assets as they meander through open space, woodlands, wildlife habitats, and along creeks and streams.
- Folsom is a cyclist’s dream come true, with everything from short local rides to options that lead to the Gold Country foothills, and nationally-renowned mountain biking trails.
- Nearly every home in the city is within a half-mile radius of a park. The city’s 46 parks teem with a nearly limitless range of activity, from cricket to lacrosse, tennis to T-ball, soccer, football, and more.
- The Folsom Zoo Sanctuary – ranked a regional treasure – provides care for rescued domestic, wild and exotic animals and serves as both a tourist attraction and humane education center.
- Those seeking adventure beyond the city limits find easy access for day trips to Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and dozens of Sierra foothill wineries.
The city presents a fascinating blend of the past and future:
- Folsom’s revitalized Historic District offers great shopping, dining, and energetic nightlife, set amidst historic architecture and wonderful scenery.
- Shopping and dining opportunities abound throughout the city, and major and emerging corporations call Folsom home.
- The highly-rated Folsom Cordova Unified School District operates 15 schools in the city, including Folsom High School and Vista del Lago High School, both recognized on the Best High Schools list by U.S. News and World Report.
- Folsom Lake Community College – one of the fastest growing in the country and features the Harris Center, a regional arts center hosting world-class arts and entertainment.
It’s a good life!!!