Become Our Fan
Archive for November, 2009
November 26th, 2009
Relatively speaking, it’s been a good month for the United States’ consumer! From home buyer tax credits, to unemployment benefits, to bank overdraft fees, to gift cards…someone is looking out for your best interest!
New Home Buyer Tax Credit
Congress has passed new legislation that extends the first time home buyers tax credit, and expands it to include more home buyers:
- Extends the First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit of up to $8,000 to first-time home buyers until April 30, 2010.
- Expands the credit to grant up to $6,500 to current home owners (who have been residing in their primary residence for 5 of the last 8 years) purchasing a new or existing home between November 7, 2009 and April 30, 2010.
- Increases the income eligibility limits to claim the full credit amount (for both groups of home buyers) to $125,000 for individuals and $225,000 for couples. Both credits are limited to home purchases of $800,000 or less.
November 23rd, 2009
Wow, what a difference a few years can make…particularly in the magical world of real estate. It wasn’t very long ago that I was attending the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing and received my CLHMS designation (Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist)…specializing in “selling the American dream of homeownership!” And poof, just like that, the market changed!
As your real estate professional, I quickly found myself in need of an entirely new skill set…“saving the American dream of homeownership!” I am excited to share with you that I have just completed the necessary training to obtain my CDPE designation (Certified Distressed Property Expert) and find myself fully equipped to tackle the challenges that we are currently facing. Read the rest of this entry »
November 20th, 2009
Folsom’s going high tech…and they’re looking for help from real estate professionals to foot the bill!!!
I received an email this morning encouraging me to participate in the pre show advertising. While I am not planning on appearing on the big screen anytime soon, there was some information regarding the movie theater itself and general movie-goer trivia that I thought you’d find interesting.
- The largest solar powered movie theatre in the world!
- The Sacramento region’s only all-digital projection theatre.
- 16 Wall-to Wall screens and All-Stadium luxury seating…my husband’s back will appreciate this one!
- 6 Digital 3D screens – the most under one roof in the U.S
- Cell phone use is prohibited in auditoriums at all times…again, something my husband will really appreciate!
- Scheduled to open December 11th, and will be serving my favorite food…POPCORN!
November 16th, 2009
Saturday evening, my husband and I were privileged to be guests at Oak Hills Church’s 25th anniversary celebration. We were seated with several leaders in the Folsom community, including Mayor Jeff Starsky. It was encouraging to hear about all of the exciting things happening in this incredible place we call home…from Thursday Night Market, Folsom Live, the opening of the new library, the opening day of little league, to the lighting of the Christmas tree, this town has it going on! One of the less than positive things that Jeff shared with us was that although the Folsom Lake Crossing (Folsom’s newest bridge connecting E. Natoma Street to Folsom-Auburn Blvd.) is now open, there is still tremendous traffic through Folsom’s historic district. It seems that we are indeed creatures of habit! Read the rest of this entry »
November 12th, 2009
While in L.A. with my daughter this weekend, we were privileged to stay with one of her former college roommates…well, we didn’t actually stay with her because she’s working in Ireland for a couple of weeks, but we did stay in her fabulous apartment! The street she lives on is lined with apartment buildings of various shapes and sizes…and happy apartment dwellers. It got me thinking about home ownership and the unrealistic expectation of many Folsom, Granite Bay and El Dorado Hills residents, that everyone should own a home…Not everyone should own a home!